Call for William H. Newman Award Nominations
WILLIAM H. NEWMAN AWARD
(Best paper based on a recent dissertation)
Call for William H. Newman Award
The Academy of Management awards the William H. Newman Award for outstanding papers based on recent dissertations. This prestigious award can be given to up to three papers a year. Each paper must be: (a) single-authored and (b) based on a doctoral dissertation completed within the last three years. All nominated papers should have been completed and accepted on or before January 15, 2009.
• Addresses a significant organizational phenomenon
• Shows appropriate consideration of relevant theoretical and empirical literature
• Author offers reasonable interpretations of the research results, draws appropriate inferences about the theoretical and applied implications of the results, and suggests promising directions for future research
• Yields information that is both practically and theoretically relevant and important
• Presented logically, succinctly, and clearly
If you would like your paper to be considered, please watch for the 2009 Call for Submissions open on November 3, 2008. You can nominate your submission by placing a check in the "Newman Award Nominee" box on the submission abstract entry screen. Submissions will be open until January 15, 2009.
Each division or interest group program chair then nominates one paper to the committee Chair of the Newman Award, Gregory Northcraft. The author(s) of the papers who have been so nominated by the division and interest group program chairs will be asked to send an electronic version and a hard copy of their paper to this award chair. Finalists will be notified prior to the conference and the winners will be announced at the conference. All finalists are expected to be in attendance.