The mission of the Academy of Management Annals is to provide periodic, comprehensive examinations of recent advances in the field of organization and management. Written by leading management scholars, each annual volume features critical reviews of the research in the field. Through these systematic analyses, the Annals summarize previously established ideas and empirical results, pinpoints potential problems, conundrums and challenges, and inspire our continuing research activity.
Nominations are being sought for the position of editor of the Academy of Management Annals. The person(s) selected will become editor-elect on January 1, 2013 and will work closely with the current editor during the first half of the year. The editor-elect will assume full responsibility as editor of Volume 9 to be released no later than August 1, 2015 and begin preparation for the subsequent volumes of the Annals. The term of office as editor is three volume years (volumes 9, 10, 11), beginning with volume 9 with preparations starting on or before August 1, 2013.
Specific qualifications include the following:
- Extensive scholarly contributions in management, including publications associated with the mission of the Annals
- Significant experience and an excellent reputation as a reviewer, an editorial board member, or an editor/associate editor of a management-related publication
- Nominees should have a reputable, broad range of publishing achievements, are widely read, with an extensive network in the field
- Demonstrated administrative skills, capacity to handle a demanding workload and meet deadlines, and ability to work constructively with authors, and the Academy’s Board of Governors
- A doctoral degree in a management discipline
- A member of the Academy of Management
- Incoming editor should be comfortable working with the publisher and the managing editor in a long distance relationship
- Nominees may recommend a potential co-editor with the demonstrated top tier criteria listed above, who can augment and diversify the knowledge base required of the Annals editor.
Selection will be a three-stage process. The Journals Committee (a committee of the Academy of Management Board of Governors) will review the nominations and will request complete applications from those that best fit the criteria above. Applicants that move to the second stage will be asked to submit a detailed proposal of how they would further the goals of the publication. In the third stage, the Journals Committee will forward a recommendation to the full Board of Governors who will finalize the recommendation.
Nominations, including self-nominations, will be accepted until October 1, 2012. Submissions should be sent by e-mail and are to include:
• The nominee's name, full address, telephone number, and e-mail address
• A letter describing the nominee's qualifications and experience relevant to the selection criteria
• A current curriculum vitae
Academy of Management
P.O. Box 3020
Briarcliff Manor, NY 10510
914-944-2970 – Phone
914-923-2636 – Fax
Questions about the specific operation of the Academy of Management Annals may be addressed to the current editor, Royston Greenwood (
). The issues are available online for free to Academy members.