The Academy of Management Annual Meeting Proceedings contains 250-word abstracts of all papers and symposia presented at the conference and shortened versions of the "Best Papers" that have been accepted for inclusion in the program (approximately 10% of all accepted submissions). Papers selected for the Annual Meeting Proceedings are shortened to a 6-page format because publication of papers at their full length may preclude subsequent journal publication.
Nominations are being sought for the position of editor of the Annual Meeting Proceedings. The next editor will assume full responsibility on or about January 1, 2013 to begin preparation for the 2013 Annual Meeting Proceedings.
The term of office as editor is TWO years. Recommended qualifications include the following:
- Scholarly contributions in management
- Demonstrated administrative skills, capacity to handle a demanding workload and meet deadlines, and ability to work constructively with authors, reviewers, and the Academy’s division representatives
- A member of the Academy of Management
- Familiarity with, and ability to use, a web based submission and review system.
- Experience and interest in electronic publications
Selection will be a three-stage process. The Journals Committee (a committee of the Academy of Management Board of Governors) will review the nominations and will request complete applications from those that best fit the criteria above. Applicants that move to the second stage will be asked to submit a detailed proposal of how they would accomplish the goals of the Proceedings. In the third stage, the Journals Committee will forward a recommendation to the full Board of Governors who will finalize the recommendation.
Nominations, including self-nominations, will be accepted until October 1, 2012.
Submissions should be made by e-mail and are to include:
• The nominee's name, full address, telephone number, and e-mail address
• A letter describing the nominee's qualifications and experience relevant to the selection criteria
• A current curriculum vitae
Academy of Management
P.O. Box 3020
Briarcliff Manor, NY 10510
914-944-2970 – Phone
914-923-2615 – Fax
Questions about the specific operation of the Academy of Management Annual Meeting Proceedings may be addressed to the current editor, Leslie Toombs (
). Statistics to substantiate the editor’s workload are available from Susan Zaid at the address above.